Thursday, January 03, 2008

With each breath I take, I realize how gracious God is. I stand amazed and completely awed by the extent of His compassion and mercy. His patience is so far-reaching that I cannot comprehend it. He has the gentle touch of a feather, yet rules with the power of a thousand mighty warriors. He seems to be such an all encompassing contradiction in terms. Better yet, He wants ME to know Him with an intimacy like nothing I've ever known.

Each morning as we walk through the dusty sands of Bible times, He gently takes my hand and I feel His breath fall over me like a cool breeze. He enlightens my soul, heals my wounds and calms my fears. He delights in playful waiting - never with intentions to harm, rather to teach and to test. I see that glimmer in His eye when I succumb to His plan and yield my own. I also feel the reassuring touch of His hand when I am likened to an untamed horse - bucking and screeching under the reins. And that patience remains - firm and steady, ushering me into a place of peace.

I hear the quick drawing of His breath as He looks on my timid steps. I see the slight smile that edges across His face as I gain my footing. Faith and strength slowly building like the new legs of a fresh-birthed fawn.

Oh, to please only Him.

No comments: