Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Halloween

Click here before reading any further (you need the sound effects to go with this post!)

Today was a day like any other day. I was sitting at my desk at work, eyes glued to a computer screen. Things were relatively quiet around the office. Not much chatter going on. Then, out of no where, the theme song to the movie "Halloween" starts to play. The music was fairly loud. Almost as if we were really in the movie. Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look at each other. Of course, I yell out, "Michael, is that you? Are we about to be murdered?"

It was the new guy's cell phone. That theme song was his ring tone and he had the volume turned all the way up. Just so happens that he was standing right on the other side of everyone's cubicle walls - just out of sight - when his phone rang. We all thought it was hilarious. He, of course, was embarrassed. I loved it. People always joke about their jobs being Hell, etc. At least they don't work with a serial killer who brings his own theme music. I think I'll call the new guy Michael from now on...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hilarious! Maybe you should return the favor and put the theme to "Psycho" on your cell...

Anonymous said...

That is too stinkin funny--is he the new mainteance guy?
-Tracie

Aleah said...

Yes, it was the new maintenance guy. Feel free to call him Michael. I don't know his real name anyway. I named the last one Jeff, and the one before him was Neil...