Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The DMV

I've had several people request a viewing of my tragic, albeit comedic driver's license photo. Well, for those of you who've been patiently waiting.....here it is.

Luckily I got my new license last month. I will say, however, the last 4 years with this pic have been interesting!! When I went to renew my license, I was bound and determined to take a better picture this time. I cheesed it up real big. Then she handed me the temporary and said, "You'll get the real thing in 5 weeks. Next.." I took my new license, confident it would be better.... Alas, one of my eyes was on vacation. It was looking off in some other direction. I looked half-crossed eyed. No!! This cannot be. I've spent the last 4 years with a license picture that made me look like a turtle. It was too late. Someone else was already in line, and clerk Bertha was no longer interested in helping me. So I limped out of the DMV with my head hung low. Then, a miracle directly from Heaven. Lo and behold, 5 weeks later I received my new license in the mail. My eye had been restored! The temporary was just a sham, a mockery, a lude trick. Sing praises! Finally, a license picture to be proud of. Anyway---the legendary photo is below. No, it's not an urban legend, not folklore. It really does exist.

I realize those of you who don't know me will not appreciate this. I'll have to post a current photo sometime to give you a point of reference. I promise, I do not look this scary!!

Anyway, this pitiful little photo has brought much laughter over the past 4 years. Sorry it took me so long to pass it on! Enjoy...


Ya gotta love the DMV... Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh sister,

Thanks for the flashback--it's been a while since I'd seen your driver's license photo, and I must say that it's always good for a laugh! (So glad you can laugh with others at your own expense!!!) I think I'm going to have to bookmark that post so when I'm having a bad day I can pull up your photo and get a good laugh when I need it most!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I am going to miss that faboulous photo! I think you should have requested they copy it over to your current license. Can't wait to see the new one--thought it was going to make for another good four years but oh well......
Tracie