Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Chocolate shortage

Today my world almost teetered off its axis, spinning out of control into a state of oblivion unparallelled in the life of anyone this side of the moon to date. I heard rumors of a potential chocolate shortage!! Egad! I think the national threat level should be raised to level Brown immediately! Take my water. Take my oxygen. But please, for the love of all things decent and holy....don't take my chocolate.

Apparently a drought in Africa and unrest in the region has caused a slow down in the production of cocoa. Prices could sky rocket. Surely we are on the brink of an economic depression. I am picturing Charlie Bucket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory taking his one birthday dollar and buying a block of the prized delicacy. How he cherished it. My brother, he must be.

Can I bear the thought of my specially crafted, ornately designed, gold embossed, velvet lined chocolate box sitting empty? Oh, the horror! We must all ban together and be brave in the face of this impending disaster. Please consider that you may need to begin a stockpile. Support groups may become necessary.

No comments: