Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Not Alone

Eureka!! I have finally met someone with as many crazy stories as me! We have a new girl at work who seems to be trapped in a comic strip life like me. Now the pressure's off! Finally, I'm not alone. She was telling me stories today about setting her hair on fire. At least when I set myself on fire, it was only my pajamas. She also told me about a time when she drove a lawn mower up to the gas station so she could buy a coke. I never did that. My driving stories only involve stealing a car at age 14, getting pulled over by the military police, peeling my tires through an intersection in front of a cop, getting "lost" on the army base and ending up behind the targets on the firing range, 3 accidents, 1 ticket that involved court, blowing the engine out of a car, driving a car with a poltergeist, drag racing in a minivan, and a couple of others I won't mention.

Okay, so it appears I might be a little out ahead in the wild stories department. But hey, she is a few years younger than me, so she has plenty of time to catch up. Maybe I can be her mentor.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh no, you've found your protege--watch out, workplace! I hope your office has plenty of fire extinguishers on hand... :)