Monday, October 18, 2004

eBay

Hello, my name is Aleah, and I am addicted to eBay.

Someone please help me! I have discovered that I am hopelessly addicted to eBay. I find myself sitting in front of my computer, near exhaustion. With bloodshot eyes, I strain to see the screen. My hand is cramped (much like Fred Sanford's arthritic claw) from being wrapped around my mouse for hours. As the bidding whips into a frenzy, I find myself throwing caution to the wind, bowing up like a cobra determined to win. What actually ends up happening is that I pay WAY more than I probably would have otherwise, simply for the satisfaction of winning. Whew.

Now, as you will learn, I am generally able to squeeze a spiritual connection out of just about anything. I love to look at the world around me and find ways to relate it to God. In fact, I have invented a whole "party game" for just that purpose (party game instructions to come later).

Anyway. As for selling to the highest bidder. How often do we do that with ourselves? How often do we sell ourselves to the highest bidder? Do we choose God (who will always be the TRUE highest bidder)? Or do we choose the world (Satan's playground)?

Satan will spin out a counterfiet that glitters so bright it would make Elvis himself stand up and take notice. As we sit back and watch the bidding war to see who will win our time, money, hearts, and souls, let us not be blinded by all the glitter.

Is your life on the auction block? How about your money, your time, or maybe even your soul?

Bible study or Sunday night football?
Encouraging words or gossip?
Serving or selfishness?
Stewardship or debt?
Commitment or adultery?
Sacrifice or greed?
Meditation or busyness?
Honesty or lying?

Who will win? They are all bidding for your life right now.

Satan's graceful, yet deceptive hand is wrapped around his mouse. Christ's nail-scared hand is wrapped around his.

Who's bid will you take?

No comments: