Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Ode to Kim

Kim,
I want to thank you for your recent comment. You will never know how much it meant to me! God has spoken to me through you. I feel like God called me several years ago to write. I think He plans to some day make a "ministry" out of it. While I feel completely inadequate and unworthy of writing anything, He keeps pushing me out there.
I am continually amazed at how He works. How He knits people together who have never even met and uses them to encourage, challenge and inspire each other. I guess it is really important to listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit because we never know who He plans to touch through us. When we get wrapped up in ourselves and ignore the Spirit, not only do we miss out--we may be stealing a blessing from someone else. Thank you for being in tune with Him!!!
I promise I have not left Bloggerland. I have so much to share. So many things God has been teaching me lately. It seems I have bitten off a little more than I can chew right now. Along with the new job, I am taking a photography class, co-leading a Bible study and editing/publishing a monthly newsletter for the ladies' ministry at church. At any rate, I've let myself get way too busy! So I've decided to take 1/2 day off work tomorrow to get caught up on some things. Hopefully I will be back to full blogger strength in the next few days!
Quick update: the job is going so much better. I am beginning to settle in. And the cantankerous cube-neighbor? "Ironically" she was put into the hospital right after I started the new job. I think she will be back some time this week. I would never wish ill on her, but it has really allowed me to make peace with my new surroundings with her not being there. (Oddly enough, this is the 5th time in my life that a person who was 'less than pleasant' to me has been removed from my life. 3 died, one moved away and this one was hospitalized. And, no I haven't been putting ground glass in anyone's salad. Interesting though, isn't it?)
Anyway, I am alive and kicking. I am off to bed now. Sometimes I think the best thing we can do for ourselves spiritually is to get some sleep.
Kim, thanks again for the encouragement. Again, you just don't know what that meant to me!!

Blessings~
Aleah

2 comments:

K said...

Aleah,
I am so glad that your life is filled with blessings and that is what has been keeping you away. I will continue to pray for you as it seems the Lord has great things in store!
Kim

Lisa said...

Aleah,

This was part of my study this morning...I thought of you when I read it.

Exodus 4:10-12
"But Moses pleaded with the LORD, 'O Lord, I'm just not a good speaker. I never have been, and I'm not now, even after you have spoken to me. I'm clumsy with words.'

'Who makes mouths?' the LORD asked him. 'Who makes people so they can speak or not speak, hear or not hear, see or not see? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go, and do as I have told you. I will help you speak well, and I will tell you what to say.'"


I know you think you're not a good writer (and I disagree with that assessment!), BUT regardless of what YOU think about yourself, obviously God thinks you're worthy of writing for Him because He's called you to do it! So just remember, like Moses, God will guide you as well and tell you what to say.