Thursday, November 11, 2004

Cooper

Since you've all read about Cooper being "all strung out" I wanted you to see what he looks like! It's amazing how much this little guy teaches me about God (or how much God uses this little guy to teach me!)

Have you ever had a dog that begged for a treat? (If you've ever had a dog, I'm sure you've had one that begged for a treat!) One thing I realized when Cooper begs for treats is that he gets so excited and so focused on the treat that he completely blocks me out. Sometimes I will hold the treat and give him a command. I want him to focus on me, not the treat. I fully intend to give him the treat, but I want him to hear me first and obey! He gets so frustrated because I won't drop the treat. But if he could just realize that I am waiting for him to forget the treat and obey me.

It made me realize how often I am like that with God. I am blinded by my desires sometimes. Even though my desires might be for good things, I still focus on them too much. I may get to the point that all I can see is the "treat." I am down here hopping around, all frustrated wondering why in the world God won't give it up already. I think sometimes He is waiting for me to stop focusing on the "treat" and focus on Him.


Ain't he cute? Posted by Hello


Cooper Posted by Hello


Cooper Posted by Hello


Cooper Posted by Hello

No comments: