Monday, September 27, 2004

Chased by God

I'm amazed at times by how God chases us. I don't know why I continue to be amazed. This happens to me on a pretty regular basis, probably daily. I guess I notice it more when I am looking for it.
Today God sent me a preacher, sunbeams, tears, scripture, a friend and a phone call to let me know He was in control. Each of these things were seemingly unrelated, yet they were all connected. God weaved together all of these circumstances and people to let me know that He knew exactly where I was. I was not forgotten. He did hear my cries. Even though you know your Daddy is in charge, sometimes you just need that reassuring hand on your shoulder to remind you of His strength.
I wonder how many other days have been this perfectly connected to bring me a message, yet I have been to busy to notice?

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." -Psalm 34:17-19

No comments: