Thursday, November 15, 2007

17 New Revelations

1. I'm more disposable that I thought I was.
2. Getting laid off feels like breaking up.
3. What you feel is what you feel. Just because others don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't valid.
4. No one cares as much about your well-being as you do (okay, except for God and maybe mom & dad...)
5. You don't have to make decisions based on anyone else's time table.
6. Being upset and not eating doesn't always mean you lose weight.
7. Even when others get frustrated and give up on you, God never will.
8. Just because my faith doesn't look like yours doesn't mean I don't have any.
9. Sometimes having friends hurts a lot.
10. I am a pack rat with WAY too much stuff.
11. It's okay to do the unexpected.
12. I have a closet full of clothes yet have nothing to wear.
13. When you're scared, there's no place like home.
14. Encouragement has a short shelf-life.
15. God gives us the freedom of choice more often than we think.
16. When something bad happens, well-meaning people will hurt your feelings with unintended flippancy.
17. Being pro-active is part of waiting on God.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm with you on a lot of these, sister. Seems like I think #12 at least once a week!

Here's a "revelation" that I know is not new to you but one that I don't tell you often enough: I am praying for you! I am so excited to see the direction that God is taking your life in. I know it sometimes makes you want to throw up over the "excitement", but it is encouraging to see how you're stepping out in faith and trusting His provision, financially as well as emotionally/spiritually. You are an inspiration to me!