Monday, September 11, 2006

Blessings

Today was so full of blessings that I just had to share...

1. I woke up this morning - alive, able to walk/see/hear, in a cozy bed under a non-leaking roof
2. I had hot water in the shower
3. I had electricity to iron the clothes I was lucky enough to have
4. I passed a big insurance test this morning
5. I had a job to go to today
6. When I got to work, I had 106 emails waiting for me and tons of work backed up from me being on vacation last week - job security
7. I was able to eat lunch with 2 friends
8. I got to talk to a friend from Florida that I rarely get to see
9. I laughed more than once today
10. I was able to drive home from work with my windows down because it was cool enough outside
11. I cranked up the radio and blasted some good hip hop and heavy metal tunes on the way home, with my windows down and hair flying all over the place
12. I saw sunbeams in the sky, which is a special thing between me and God that means He was just thinking of me and wanted to send me a little love note
13. I had a home to come home to at the end of the day
14. My dog was excited to see me when I got here
15. I enjoyed a nice little chat with my neighbor. We both pondered why my grass is dying. I have grass to die
16. My house is nice and cool because I have air conditioning
17. I am going to have chocolate cake for dinner
18. I just got to talk to my ex-roomie on the phone
19. My dog is standing with his 2 front paws on the arm of my chair, wagging his tail and wanting me to play with him
20. I am going to get to spend some awesome time with God tonight - just me & Him
21. You are reading this and will stop to think about all the things that blessed you today

No comments: